Does the spotlight have a harsher glare in a small company? Are most tech firms just “bro cultures” with little interest in inclusion or equity? Or is it simpler than that – is your small company too busy trying to survive?
The next entry in our Shown the Door series (Lessons Learned when Leaving your Job). This episode features Laurie Swanson, a Career Strategist (and ex-programmer!) from Chicago. This was another wide-ranging conversation – we traveled a twisted path to her career story, with a ton of great material on Inclusion.
Plenty of actionable ideas in here – take a listen, and tell us what you think!
- Laurie Swanson on LinkedIn
- InspiHER Tech – Game-changing career strategies for Women in Tech (#hiremorewomenintech – w00t!)
- Inspirations – Women in Tech newsletter
- Belong – Resources to help drive Inclusion, for HR and IT Hiring Managers
- 1871 – Chicago-area incubator
- Hub88 – Chicago-area incubator
- Women Tech Founders – Community site for female entrepreneurs
- Got questions? Send them in here